I've done a couple 'informative' posts on the Keurig 2.0 brewer already but I've not put my own $.02 in since I've not purchased one.
I bought our first Keurig back in 2005 and have been a Keurig owner since. I have many coffee brewers however (you can see them on 'I personally own' page) but I've never given in to the Keurig 2. It's partly because I don't 'need' it, partly due to spending money on something I am not completely sold on, and partly because I tend to have a rebellious nature to me that I still haven't lost from my teenage years.
What I like about them;
- The ability to brew more than 1 cup at a time if I have guests over, or if my husband and I both want to fill our travel mugs and leave at the same time, etc.
- The flavor of the Keurig brews; a pot of coffee in a traditional brewer with a carafe and burner tastes... burnt. I can't deny the flavor of a Keurig brew. Especially since I've been a Keurig owner for almost 10 years now.
- There are now re-useable cup options that use my own coffee
What I don't like about them;
- The 'licensing' hold they have on the market of not only brewers but coffee pods
- Filling the garbage landfills with plastic yet making it difficult for eco-cups that aren't theirs
- A poor selection of coffee if you have brands and flavors you like
- Your favorite brands of coffee can't sell compatible cups unless they pay Keurig for the license
There is a re-useable cup that supposedly can be used in the Keurig 2 brewer, however the reviews are mixed. I'm not sure how the opinions can be so black and white, but they are are. People love it and say it works perfectly or they hate it and say it absolutely won't work. There is much 'gray' area there! So... how does the product work 100% perfect for some and "not at all" for others?
I can't answer; I don't own it yet myself. I can only read the reviews.
Eco-Fill 2.0 Refillable Coffee Capsule for Keurig 2.0 and original Keurig brewing systems
• Use your favorite coffee for every cup - pick the flavors and quantity you choose
• Saves up to 80% over the cost of pre-filled single serve capsules
• Can be used with or without EZ-Cup disposable filters
• Compatible with Keurig 2.0 systems and most K-cup brewers
• Easy to use, rinse to clean, dishwasher safe
• Economical and Eco-friendly with no waste - Save the Environment and Save Money
• 100% satisfaction guarantee - Extra thick BPA-free plastic
• Permanent micro etched stainless steel filter with stylish Eco-Fill embossing
• K-cup holder stays in place, just insert Eco-Fill 2.0 as you would a K-cup
• Limited lifetime warranty with Proprietary patented design by Perfect Pod
Use your favorite coffee and save money too! The Eco-Fill 2.0 is the highest value and highest quality refillable single serve capsule on the market. The integrated micro etched stainless steel foil filter provides the best filtration possible from a permanent filter however paper filters are recommended for espresso grind coffees. The Eco-Fill 2.0 lid is attached with a reliable mechanical hinge that is guaranteed not to break. Use any coffee you like and enjoy your favorite blends.
If you have a Keurig coffee maker and a home coffee grinder you can make your own custom k-cups and get the perfect coffee pods. Our coffee filters make owning a Keurig more affordable. Now you have the choice of coffee blends, coffee grids and coffee brew strength. If you want your favorite cup coffee day after day or need a variety of individual servings our reusable coffee pods will improve your Keurig coffee experience.
I'm still tempted to purchase the brewer - taking a deep breath and getting past all the issues I have with their approach to not play nice with any other coffee companies or brewers even though they have obviously made a bazillion jillion kazillion dollars already and own the market in single brewers.... (see, that rebellious side of me). But I would like to give it a go. See what's it is about, review it and try it.
Do you own one?
What do you think?
Would you purchase one again?
Have you had issues with it breaking down like the single cup Keurigs have a bad habit of doing?
Do you have a hard time finding local coffee options for it?
Do you have to order your coffee from them online?
Thoughts? Please share!
Keurig 2.0 K350 Brewing System - Black
Keurig 2.0 Coffee & Tea Brewer Maker K560 - Bonus Set Includes 32oz Carafe + 48 K-Cups + 4 K-Carafe Packs + Water Filter & Handle
Eco-Fill 2.0 Deluxe for Keurig 2.0, K300, K400, K500 Series
Keurig K550 2.0 Brewer, Silver