This morning's post is coming to you from a random hotel in South Dakota. One of 9 hotel rooms I've stayed in over the last few weeks - from Florida to Alabama to Tennessee, Missouri and more. Although traveling a bit is normal for us, this much travel isn't really. But with a crazy summer schedule events we are all over the USA.
And we have our coffee maker with us.
Back in the Spring of 2010 we traveled to South Texas for a family reunion and decided to bring our Keurig brewer with us. We had the original box and packaging still in the garage so we packaged it up, put it in the trunk and it traveled cross-country safely and securely. Having our freshly brewed, good tasting coffee that week was a wonderful start to the morning. (And as a side note, the 4 other families that were there with us? Three of them went on to become Keurig owners after that!)
We took our full sized Keurig on our trip to the beach and one more vacation before we invested in a mini, individualized sized Keurig. We now keep this 'ready to go' at the spur of the moment and we simply put it in the suitcase, or put the box in the trunk (depending on how many are traveling, how much luggage or room we have, etc.)
(This is the individual one cup brewer we own and use; KeurigMINI Plus Brewing System)
- Black exterior
- Includes a 6 count K-Cup variety pack
- Cup size options: 6, 8, or 10 ounces
- Brews in under two minutes
- Product Dimensions: 19.4 x 13.2 x 13 inches ; 5 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 10 pounds
Having said that however - there are now a couple hotels that offer Keurig style brewers in the room! But many still have the old 4 cup mini-pots (Like Country Inn Suites) or the single brew packets with really poor quality (tasting) coffee, like Comfort Suites, Holiday Inn Express, etc.
We bought ours from Best Buy (because we buy as many things as possible from there and get the Black Tie coverage - as it's proven invaluable over the years, especially with Keurig brewers - which can be temperamental) but you can purchase them almost anywhere now - including online through Amazon at the link above. It comes in various colors; red, green, silver, etc. (see link for colors currently available from that seller).
We are quite content with our brewer but there are various styles and brands out there that may fit your personality or travel style better.
Black & Decker Brew 'n Go Personal Coffeemaker with Travel Mug
- Personal coffeemaker brews directly into 15-ounce travel mug
- Stainless-steel mug tapered to fit most vehicle cup holders
- Permanent filter eliminates need for disposable paper filters
- Auto shut-off; dishwasher-safe mug, mug lid, filter, and filter basket
- Measures 9-3/4 by 7 by 6 inches, 1-year warranty
Black & Decker Single Serve Coffee Maker
- 16-ounce travel mug
- Brews ground coffee or pre-packaged pods
- Removable filter basket
- Dishwasher safe parts
- Automatic shutoff
This travel coffee press has almost 600 reviews on Amazon - and is given the highest rating available.
Aerobie AeroPress Coffee Maker with Tote Bag
- Unique coffee espresso maker uses total immersion and gentle pressure to produce coffee with extraordinarily rich flavor
- Makes american style coffee or an espresso style shot perfect for use in lattes or cappuccinos
- Made in the usa
- Micro filtered coffee so pure and particle free that it can be stored for days as a concentrate for Cold brew coffee
- Included travel bag makes this item great for traveling the world and brewing great coffee