Here is something I don't think I've done on Coffee Talking in about 7 or 8 years. Since it used to be a "Mom Blog" (although honestly I had a 50-50 readership with just as many guys reading as women and some didn't have any kids at all). Because I didn't really just talk about my kids. It was friends chatting over morning coffee on my blog every morning - anything goes.
But anyway! Time for a random meme because I'm sitting here babysitting my phone very closely so I don't miss the phone call from my mechanics - who should have called me yesterday - and still haven't called today. It's 5:pm on Friday evening - they close at 6:pm. If they don't get done with my truck and call me SOON then my truck is going to be held hostage by them all weekend as they are closed Saturday and Sundays.
I've got a cup of coffee in hand. No dinner has to be made for another hour. Everyone gone for now but me. BORED and waiting on the mechanics. So, I typed the words 20 question meme into Google to see what would pop up. Apparently there are sites that discuss and list nothing but meme ideas. Who knew?
Apparent meme's are aimed towards 13 year olds as almost ALL of them had something to do with school, classes, teachers and such. I'm sure there are 'adult' memes out there too if I looked. But... maybe we just don't need to 'go there' on this blog right now anyway. Ha. I don't know you that well.
Since I like music, and this was one of the first ones I saw - I decided this would be the one.
1. a song from the year you were born
Let It Be
2. a song that reminds you of school
3. a song tied to a specific moment in your life
4. a song that is not sung in your native language
Waterloo (Swedish Version)
5. a song over 5 minutes long
The Magic Flute (Overture)
6. a song under 2 minutes long
Hmm. Not sure but I think the Beatles have a couple of them.
7. an instrumental
Die Walkure: Ride Of The Valkyries
8. a classical piece
Die Walkure: Ride of the Valkyries and The Magic Flute would both qualify here
9. a song with no percussion
10. something you’ve heard performed live
Wanted Dead Or Alive
11. something you’d give ANYTHING to hear performed live
Eh. Not much for crowds and I'm good with Youtube.
12. a song by an artist who’s from where you’re from (town/city/state/country)
Seriously? Did a 12 year old from Los Angeles write this question? I may find someone from my state but tiny little towns in the heartland aren't known for pumping out big name celebrities.
13. a song made suddenly precious because of a special someone
When You Say Nothing At All
14. a song made suddenly awful because of a special someone
15. something to BELT SHAMELESSLY/do DIVA HANDS to
Hmm. Belting shamelessly and diva hands are completely different things. I don't think I do diva hands. Ever.
16. something to SCREAM ALONG to
I'm On A Boat (Album Version) [feat. T-Pain] [Explicit]
17. a song for raging
18. a song that demands lipsyncing into a makeshift microphone
Pretty much every song that comes on has to be sung to or lipsync'd to
19. the last song you had stuck in your head
Johnny Cash - but I've thought about so many songs since starting this meme that now I've forgotten what it was
20. a song you’re dying to master all the words to
21. a song that you could SLAY at karaoke
22. a song you can’t help but dance to
Jump in the Line
23. a song that makes you want to dance on a table
Maybe ... Pour Some Sugar On Me
24. a song that makes you wanna STRIP
25. a song with a great music video
Bon Jovi's Wanted Dead or Alive (was there when it was filmed)
26. a song that makes you act out the music video when you hear it
Uh... none of them?
27. a song with counting
Mambo Number 5
28. a song with spelling
29. a song with lots of clapping
30. a song 40 years older than you
31. a song you wish your parents didn’t know the words to
(another question by a 12 year old) - Eh. Too old for this one.
32. a song whose lyrics shocked you once you were old enough to understand them
Huh. Not sure about this one.
33. a song you have ZERO patience for
Almost anything by Kenny Chesney (did I spell that right?)
34. a song you’d like your favorite artist to cover
Don't have a favorite artist nor a song someone else needs to do so... moot point
35. a great song you discovered thanks to a movie
36. a great song you discovered thanks to television
Oh crap. I stopped watching tv in 1998 or 1999 so... don't remember.
37. a song you’re ashamed to have in your music library
Well, I'm not sure why I've never deleted "I'm My Own Grandpa" just never got around to it I guess but I hate it and cringe when I hear it.
38. ok what’s the song you were too ashamed to even post for #37
My tastes in music is so eclectic that I'm past caring. EVERYONE knows they could get ANYTHING when they hit 'random play' on my computer. From folk tunes, to 1930's to heavy metal, christian, country, show tunes, disney, anything goes.
39. the most played song in your music library
Currently? "I'm Not Pageant Material"
40. favorite disney song
Belle - "Little Town"