Introducing the NEW Mr. Coffee Occasions Coffee Maker
I receive marketing emails from Mr. Coffee (I guess I got signed up when I ordered a replacement part for my frappe' maker and just never bothered to unsubscribe). The latest one was full of excitement for their newest 'Mr. Coffee Family' member; the Occasions Coffee Maker, which I do think is a really stupid name, but they didn't ask me.
Their email did get me interested enough to click on their link and I went to their site to read about it. And they said it was available through Amazon so I looked it up, and decided to feature it on Coffee Talking for those who may be interested. I've not bought one... not sure I will as I don't have a need for it at this moment - I have 3 k-cup brewers, a Hamilton Beach BrewStation, a Melitta Espresso Maker, a Mr. Coffee Frappe maker and a few other machines on hand (you can see them on the "Coffee Makers I Own Page").
But... it's something worth talking about over coffee, eh?
"Satisfy any coffee craving with this compact coffee maker that lets you brew a full pot, a single cup, or even authentic espresso. The all-in-1 coffee maker includes a 10-cup thermal carafe for traditional drip coffee, as well as a single-serve attachment that is compatible with K-Cup® Pods and fits travel mugs up to 7 inches tall. Or, you can even use it as a cappuccino maker or a latter maker! Brew 1 or 2 shots of authentic espresso and create specialty drinks with dairy, almond, coconut, and other types of milk with the help of the 15-bar pump and built-in milk frother wand."
Mr. Coffee Occasions Coffee Maker | Thermal Carafe, Single Serve, Espresso & More | with Storage Tray, Black/Chrome
- A perfect coffee maker for satisfying every craving, the Mr. Coffee occasions Coffee maker does it all brews traditional drip Coffee with a 10 cup thermal carafe; makes 6, 8, 10, or 12 oz. Of single serve Coffee; accommodates K Cup; pods and brews into a 7 inch Travel mug; makes 1 or 2 shots of authentic Espresso with the 15 bar pump system; and has a built in milk frother so you can use it as a Latte maker and cappuccino maker; K cup is a registered trademark of Keurig green Mountain
- Whether you're using the Coffee maker as an espresso machine, for traditional coffee, or for anything else, The auto brew detect feature automatically recognizes the attachment you're using and provides the right brew size options for that specific brew
- The smart water system dispenses the right amount of water for the brewing method and serving size
- Temperature control system heats water to the ideal temperature for every type of brew
- The built in milk frother wand lets you create a variety of café style drinks with dairy, almond, coconut, and other types of milk
- Stylish, All in One design includes a removable drip tray for simpler cleanup, a removable 55 oz water reservoir for easy refills, and a storage tray that holds the tamper, Espresso, and single serve attachments
k-cup pod compatible
control the temperature as you like it
espresso... no problem
automatic water shut off at the right shot size
carafe' friendly for a traditional brew
With all the positives this new little guy has, it seems I'm finding one complaint over and over again and it's a legit complaint. The designers of this coffee maker must not ever like to wake to the smell of coffee brewing and have it ready and waiting for them as they stumble into the kitchen. There is no programmable timer.
Now, I'll be the first to say they may have done this on purpose because they've already offered so many features on this little machine and most people today (well, those under my parents age anyway) don't bother brewing a whole carafe of coffee. Most either single brew with a k-cup, brew directly into a to-go or travel mug, or brew espresso shots. But if you are the kind of person that wants to brew a whole pot of coffee and program it to start while you are still in bed, this might be a 'pass' for you. Or... buy it for the other features but maybe keep your old $30 traditional Mr. Coffee with a programmable timer on it for the mornings you want a whole pot of coffee brewing before your head lifts off the pillow.