As I mentioned in a previous post, I found three (3) new-to-me coffee makers tonight simply by actually reading one of the Mr. Coffee marketing emails in my in box. They've flown under my radar since I haven't been in the market for a new coffee makers since last April/May when I needed to buy two machines for a coffee bar and one of my kids wedding reception.
I think I've blogged about how I do my own little 'pour over' coffee here at home using the old filter basket from a long-gone Mr. Coffee machine... I'm not going to take the time to check but I'm pretty sure I have posted about it, with photos. This is just a little bit more fancy-dancy than my DIY version.
Mr. Coffee All-in-One Pour Over Coffee Maker, 6 Cups, Black
- Make delicious pour over Coffee at home with the Mr. Coffee all in one at home pour over coffeemaker—its on screen, step by step guide walks you through the pour over process, so you get the right amount of Coffee and water at the optimal brewing temperature for great tasting pour over Coffee
- An integrated auto measure scale automatically calculates the right amount of Coffee and water, so you know just how much to add for the perfect cup of pour over Coffee
- The temperature controlled gooseneck kettle heats to the optimal Coffee brewing temperature
- Cone style brewer allows water to flow evenly through the Coffee grounds to extract the fullest flavor; uses #2 cone pointed filters (sold separately)
- On screen guide tells you when to pause for blooming, which is soaking of the grounds to extract the fullest flavor (you may even enjoy the flavor of pour over coffee without milk or sugar)
- Brews 2, 4, or 6 cups of Coffee; set includes dripper, kettle & scale — enjoy home pour over without buying individual pieces; warming plate not included, as extra heating of pour over coffee may make it bitter
No Need to Measure
An integrated sensor calculates the perfect amount of water and coffee.
The instructions on the base of the unit will take you through the pour over process step by step.
The gooseneck kettle heats water to the optimal temperature for flavorful, pour over coffee.
What is Blooming?
The Mr. Coffee Simple Pour Over coffeemaker system allows for “blooming.”
Blooming lets the coffee grounds presoak, or “bloom” for 30 seconds.
This extracts more flavor from the coffee grounds, resulting in a better-tasting cup of coffee.