Although I like to talk about coffee pretty often, I don't go looking for new-to-me coffee or coffee makers. If I happen to stumble upon something I think is cool, I'll feature it though. And this is one of those.
This morning I'm online looking around at Christmas gift ideas for my family, but at the time, was looking for gifts for my son. I saw this really cool and rugged looking coffee maker and noticed it had a k-cup. I realized it was a single serve brewer and whoa, this was just... cool looking!
The one I saw was black, but when I checked Amazon to see if they carried it, I found they were offering an awesome green color as well. It's call The CoffeeBoxx and they are made by OXX.
Durable and rugged, they are really great for those who work outside, on construction, at job sites, in garages and places where you can't typically have a coffee maker because it's going to get ran over, bumped, heavy things dropped on it, etc. Typically you would have to brew your coffee elsewhere and bring it with you in a travel mug. Not anymore! If you have access to 120v power you now can tote this machine along with the rest of your tools and get freshly brewed hot coffee on site.
- Crush-proof plastic chassis withstands a 1500 lb. impact
- Sealed connections and spill-proof reservoir head
- Water and dust resistant for outdoor use. Sealed construction featuring water and dust resistant buttons. IP54 rated. Keeps dust out of water supply.
- Choose from 8, 10, and 12oz cups sizes. 70 seconds to brew a cup
- Giant 85-oz. water reservoir – enough for seven 12-oz. cups
- Carbon water filter removes impurities and contaminants
- Works with K-Cup®-compatible single-serve coffee pods and most reusable pods
- Heavy-duty 3-foot retractable cord and 6 stainless steel tie-down locations
- Rugged rubberized carry handle
- Integrated carbon water filter (included)
- Power: 120v AC, 60 Hz, 1450 watts
- 11-1/2”H x 9”W x 11”D; weighs 11 lb. empty
I looked at them on 3 different sites and for pricing, to order direct from the company was the most expensive, while Amazon and another retailer sold them for $30 less.
Here is a field case I found for it as well!
Field Case for OXX COFFEEBOXX in Special Ops Black